If you’re in the situation where month after month you are going over budget and wondering where all this money is going, it’s time to begin a 30 Day Spending Break. While this sounds like torture, I promise you it is anything but.
A spending break gives you time to figure out what is going on with your spending, and then a chance to make some corrections. It’s simply a challenge to get your spending on track so you can supercharge your savings.
There are a few rules you need to follow. Take a listen to the podcast for more information on each of these:
- You’re going to need a good budget to start
- Create a I want it vs. I need it list so you can get your priorities straight
- Create a goals roadmap where you list 1-3 goals that you want to achieve from this 30 days
- Put a hold on all of your subscription services – Netflix, Hulu, Apple Music, etc.
- Shop and trade your own stuff – rather than going shopping, challenge yourself to see what you can find in your closet and even have a day where you trade with friends
- Always have a list – don’t ever go to the grocery without a shopping list
- Grade yourself, how did you did
Remember, challenges like this are only there to better you. Wouldn’t you love to get to the end of 30 days and have a ton of extra money left that you can use towards your goals…oh, and once and for all figure out this budgeting mystery?