Donating to charity, cheaply is all about finding different ways to re-engineer your donations. Just building wealth for ourselves is really helping anyone. Sure, we are getting wealthy, which is important, but changing the world with our wealth is even more important. Find what excites you, and then find ways to donate even if your bank account is having a panic attack at even the mention of donation.
1. Smile.Amazon– Did you know that if you go to www.smile.amazon.com, you can make purchases and .5% will go to a charity of your choice? It’s genius.
2. Matching– Most companies will match your donations dollar for dollar. Make sure you check with your HR department for their rules and regulations first.
3. Charity Miles– Your credit card rewards and miles aren’t just good for you, they can be good for others too. Donate any unused miles to your favorite charity and let someone else experience the gift of travel.
4. Change Jar– We all have one. It just sits there staring at us. It’s time to put it to good use and cash in on all that change. Before you start thinking about all the things you would buy with it, give it away and make someone else’s day.
5. Your Time and Skills– Maybe you have a hidden talent or a skill that could offer to someone. Maybe you are a baker, or a computer genius, or are great at math. Whatever it is, giving of your time and skills is a very noble, and inexpensive way to donate to your favorite cause.
6. What Your Not Using– Got some clothes that are just hanging in your closet? Got a piece of furniture that you never use? There are people and organizations that would love to have all your old stuff. Better yet, you might be able to score a tax deduction for that donation.
Don’t let money limit you. Be creative and get out there and make a difference, even in the smallest way possible.