Media Page for Shannah Compton Game, CFP®,MBA
I am the luckiest girl around. My writing, speaking and teaching about everything Personal Finance has taken me all around the world. Take a peek below for a sampling of my articles and publications.
Here are some of my favorite pictures from my experiences researching and writing about amazing places and people- everything from Kenya to Laguna Beach to The Great Stan Lee.
Millennial Money Podcast featured as Top of Charts in iTunes.
Featured in: How to File Your Taxes: DIY or Professional article on Yahoo! Finance
7 Credit Card Mistakes Even the Rich Make on Credit Donkey
Named 1 of 50 chosen as a Board Ambassador for Certified Financial Planning Board as a financial planning resource to the media and local community.
Writing: A Few Of My Favorite Articles
- 7 Unexpected Costs That Could Ruin Your Wedding Budget– Wise Bread
- 6 Things Millennials Should Do Before Buying a House– Huffington Post
- 3 Investing Mistakes Millennials Don’t Know They Are Making– Huffington Post
- Have a $50,000 Wedding on a $3,000 Budget: 8 Great Secrets to a Hip and Affordable Wedding– Huffington Post
- The Millennials’ Secret to a Happy Commute– Huffington Post
- 4 Life Changes That Will Save You Big On Car Insurance– Huffington Post
- 5 Ways to Stop Your Financial Would-Should-Could Haves– Huffington Post
- Cocktails Hour Gone Rogue: Three Ways to Beat a High-priced Cocktail Bill– Huffington Post
- Stayin’ Stylish… On A Budget– Huffington Post
- P-to the -D to the -O: Three Important Factors to Know Before You Choose Your Affordable Care Act Health Plan– Huffington Post
- Nine Cool Things to Do in San Francisco, on a Budget– Huffington Post
- An Oreo and Your 401K– Huffington Post
- Enjoy The Warmth Of Sun In Laguna Beach– Southern California Life Magazine
- Sidecar Doughnut’s: The Hipster’s Answer To An Old-Fashioned Treat– Southern California Life Magazine
- Because I’m Happy– Thrifty Hunter Magazine
- Uber vs. Lyft: The Battle For The King Of Rideshare– Investor Concepts
- SoFi: A New Prospective On Student Loans For Borrowers And Investors– Investor Concepts
- Have Card, Will Travel– Quoted in Cents Magazine
Teaching: Curriculum Creation To In-Class Teaching
- California State University Northridge– Lecturer In Finance, Financial Literacy 102
- What’s On Your Mind Dinner Series
- Personal Finance and Business curriculum creation for Junior High and High School Students
Personal Finance Consulting
- Individual Personal Finance consulting on a wide-range of topics- Shannah L. Compton, CFP®, MBA, A California Registered Investment Advisory Firm
- Contact me for Personal Financial Planning rates and information