I read countless blog articles every week to spy on what everyone else is doing – hey, I do learn something as well. Here are a few of the best money blogs from this week. I hope you enjoy and please do take a minute and follow these great bloggers – and while you’re at it, follow me too.
1. How To Save Money On A Wedding (and Still Have Fun) – This week I, (we) celebrate our first year wedding anniversary. I don’t know about you, but the first year is not always the easiest. We made it through though and are ready for another fun-filled year. I love this article because if we listened to the media, and Kim Kardashian, we would have to spend a ton of money to have a great wedding, and that is just SO not true. My hubby and I got married in our back yard, given we did have an amazing ocean view as a backdrop, but for $2,500 we had a wedding to die for!
2. Five Financial Resolutions For 2015– I know, I know…we just got through Halloween, but honestly it is never too early to start planning for 2015. LaTisha has some great tips and resources here to jumpstart your 2015.
3. Airlines With the Cheapest Fees for 6 Popular Upgrades- I love to travel. No, seriously, there is nothing that I love more. Well, maybe a Ghirardelli hot fudge sundae on just about any day of the week, but we are here to talk about travel. This article by GoBanking has some great tips on how you can save money when you travel. I especially like the section on saving money on baggage fees. While it might not seem like a lot of money, before you know it you and your honey will have spent an extra $100 just on baggage fees. No good!
4. Going Back to School? Here’s How to Plan Financially– It is a drain when you or your spouse (significant other) goes back to school or embarks on a new career, but if you are smart financially it will save you a lot of heartache. I love how Gogirlfinance talks about goals and keeping up your savings while you are adjusting your budget. Follow these smart money tips and you will be smooth sailing into the next chapter.
5. Why Even 100,000 Twitter Followers Can Be Worthless– Three cheers to The Social Marketers who are preaching some truth in this article. As I am building my blog and my brand, the temptation is there to “buy” twitter followers. It feels terribly unethical to me (not that I would judge if that is the decision you make). I have to admit, at 475 followers 100,000 seems terribly far away. It’s comforting to know that elusive number is really not worth a lot…it’s just a number. Amen to that!